Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.Dates to Know
February 21 TOMORROW Acceptance Month Spirit Day: Wear a particular disability awareness color (see ideas in PTA section below) or tie dye
February 21 TOMORROW Parent/Guardian-Principal Coffee, 8:30am, Camelot Library
February 27 Science Night, 6:15-7:30pm
February 28 Acceptance Month Spirit Day: Dress in tie-dye or clothing representing native country
March 3 Primary Election Day—Student Holiday
March 6 PTA International Night
March 12 Authors and Artists Night (Drop in between 6-7pm)
March 27 PTA Staff and Community Basketball Game and Cheer Performance 6-8:15, Falls Church HS
March 31 Spring Picture Day
March 31 PTA Meeting
April 3 End of 3rd Quarter
April 6-10 and April 13 Spring Break-School Closed for Students
Save the Dates: Rising Kindergarten Orientation-April 29, 9:15-11am
Next week, we focus on the Positivity Project (P2) Character Strength of ZEST/ENTHUSIASM. Zest/Enthusiasm is described by P2 as follows: You approach life with excitement and energy. You energize people around you. For more information, see the Zest/Enthusiam, or any other character strength card at https://camelotes.fcps.edu/node/1945.
Parent/Guardian-Principal Coffee. Our next coffee is TOMORROW Friday, February 21 at 8:30am, and it will last about an hour. We will share about school programs, but also provide time for questions and dialogue. School-aged students may be dropped off in the cafeteria at 8:30am.
Yearbook Sales. Yearbooks may be ordered via paper form, or online at https://ybpay.lifetouch.com/Order/SelectJob. The order deadline is April 17. Yearbooks cost $19. Yearbooks will be distributed in June.
Dragons Share. Many thanks to the families who sign up! If you would like to help deliver unopened food items, fruit, and milk from our school cafeteria to Food For Others at 2938 Prosperity Drive on Wednesdays/Fridays, please sign up! You may collect items from the refrigerator (anytime) on your assigned day. Food for Others is open from 9:30am-5pm, Monday through Friday. This is a great opportunity to involve children in providing service to the larger community. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040C4EACAD2DA57-dragonsPTA News
Sign up to Participate in our 16th Annual International Night, Friday March 6th, 6:30 pm. Join us for Camelot ES International Night as we celebrate our international, cultural and regional diversity. There are many ways to participate and share your heritage with the community:
- Bring a dish to share: we are planning to provide a sampling for over 300 people, so please share your favorite international dish or dessert cut into small serving sizes for 12-15 people. (We provide serving utensils & sample cups. Sample cups can be picked up in the school office before the event.)
- Parade of Nations: students can dress to represent a country or culture to participate in this parade.
- Be an “Ambassador”-create and host a table display to showcase your own cultural pride or enthusiasm for a place around the world (or region within the USA). Displays may include native costumes, information/examples of culture, art, music, food, books, videos, games/activities and more.
- Make the rhythm of night: This year we are building a soundtrack for International Night with music from around the world, be it pop, folk, rock or dance, to play throughout the night. Send your favorite songs with the title and artist to Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be a Volunteer: We need volunteers to take a 30 minute shift to help us serve food, run activities and games, and help us have a successful event.
Find out how you can be involved and sign up here! A huge thank you to our event sponsor, McIlvaine Home Team Realtors.
ACCEPTANCE MONTH. This week’s focus is on Disability Awareness. Our Walk in My Shoes event will be tomorrow, Friday Feb. 21st We urge you to talk with your child at home about the event and ask them what they learned and experienced. Spirit Day is also tomorrow: Wear a chosen color to support disability awareness. Wear blue/yellow to support own syndrome, light blue or silver to support dyslexia, royal blue to support autism, green to support cerebral palsy, and gold/silver to support deaf/hard of hearing and orange to support ADHD.
Next week’s focus is Celebrating our Diversity. Spirit Day next Friday, Feb. 28: Dress in tie-dye or clothing representing native country.
March Madness is Coming! PTA Basketball Game is March 27. Come support Camelot parents and faculty members as they battle it out on the basketball court! Watch the cheerleaders perform, have a pizza dinner, and enjoy the game. Baked goods and spiritwear will also be available for purchase. It will be a night to remember—kids (and parents!) will have a blast dancing along to the cheerleaders, watching their parents and teachers play, and participating in a free throw shootout.
WHEN: Friday, March 27
pizza dinner 6:00-6:30; game 6:30-8:15 (arrive early to eat -- no food in gym!)
WHERE: Falls Church High School
- Pre-paid tickets and food available NOW! Return the form from today’s Thursday folder with payment (cash or check payable to Camelot PTA).
- We are also seeking VOLUNTEERS for concessions, setup, cleanup, and ticket sales. Please email Terri Pendleton at Terri.Pendleton@fcps.edu OR volunteer directly on SignUpGenius: https://tinyurl.com/cesbball2020
- Wear Camelot spiritwear and receive a FREE pom-pom! (while supplies last)
Players needed! To join the team, contact Bart Edgerton at email@example.com
Practices are March 5, 11, 17, 25 in the Camelot Gym, 8-10 pm (optional but recommended!)
Amazon Shopping earns money for school. Use Amazon Smile to do your holiday shopping! Smile.amazon.com and select Camelot Elementary to give back to the school each time you shop!
Mark your calendars for our upcoming events:
March 6: International Night
March 27: Parent/Faculty Basketball Game, FCHS, 6:00-8:15p
March 31: PTA Meeting